This training is for educators, yoga teachers and parents who want to share the tools of yoga, meditation and mindfulness in your homes and schools.
You will gain tangible tools to share in your homes and classrooms that cultivate self-regulation for every child; mindfulness activities with groups of all sizes; the science-based evidence on why these techniques work and room for discussion about how to integrate into classes; .and chair yoga sequences that work in any classroom. You can wear "work" clothes and won't have to think about taking off your shoes (but you might like to).. Everyone will leave with tangible tools to take into the classroom immediately, as well as leave feeling inspired, and rejuvenated.
Research shows that yoga and meditation can help youth:
* Focus and concentrate for homework or test taking
* Increase calm and self-regulation of emotions
* Cultivate better abilities to be responsive and cooperative
* Improve strength, flexibility and self-esteem
* Increase a sense of connection and inclusivity
This course will cover:
* Translating Yoga for Schools & Classrooms
* Teaching Tools: Using Themes
* Practice Teaching: Chair Yoga, Mindful Brain Breaks. Guided Meditation
* The science behind why Mindfulness works
* Bully Prevention
* Developing Curriculum & Seasonal Class Plans
* Anatomy: Nervous System
* Role Play
This weekend is ideal for educators, yoga teachers and parents working with elementary through middle school aged children.
AUGUST 2-AUGUST 4, 2019
Friday 9a-1p/2:30-6:30p; Saturday 1:30p-4:30p/5:30p-8:30p; Sunday 11:30a-2p/3-5:30p
TUITION $450, $400 before July 19th. 10% off for Namaspa teachers, staff and current educators
Attending this session and completing the homework will give you 20 towards Yoga Alliance requirements and Children's Yoga certification. Email YAMI YOGI founder Deven Sisler, email@example.com to learn more about mentorship and how to complete your full 95 hour journey.