If you missed a module, drop in with us on the next one! This comprehensive teacher training is for parents, caregivers, yoga teachers and educators who want to share the benefits of yoga and mindfulness with children. Each weekend will give you tools to optimize your offering for various ages, group sizes, and settings, while giving you the opportunity to embody empowerment, relaxation, and practice teaching.
Our weekend format and schedules are designed to support your personal rejuvenation and self care. From this wellspring you can meet the children in your life with equanimity, patience, and presence.
This entire course will cover:
* Basics of yoga philosophy and mindfulness delightfully translated for youth
* Guided meditations, breath exercises, partner yoga and mindful games
* Foundations of Non-Violent Communication
* Developmental Patterns & Anatomy
* Practice Teaching & Feedback
* Science based evidence for why and how these tools work
Attending all four modules, with self-study and practicum hours will complete your 95 hour Yoga Alliance approved certification.
May 3-5, August 2-4, November 1-3, 2019
Each weekend will focus on the following:
Module #2- May
* Teaching Tools: Peak Pose
* Abuse Awareness & Prevention
* Practice Teaching: Mindful Games & Poses
* Developmental Patterns Ages 7-10 years old
* Anatomy: Respiration & Circulation
* Yoga Philosophy: Asteya & Brahmacharya
Module #3- August
* Translating Yoga for Schools
* Teaching Tools: Using Themes
* Bully Prevention
* Practice Teaching: Chair Yoga & Meditation
* Developing Curriculum
* Anatomy: Nervous System
Module #4- November
* Teaching Tools: Creative Movement, Writing & Art
* Practice Teaching: Lesson Plans
* Developmental Patterns Ages PreTeen & Teen
* Concepts of Social Justice & Inclusivity
* Anatomy: Immune & Chakra Systems
* Yoga Philosophy: Saucha, Santosha, Tapas
REQUIRED READING (sections of the following):
The Yamas & Niyamas By Deborah Adele YAMI YOGI MANUAL by Deven Sisler (available for purchase at Namaspa) Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life 3rd Edition by Marshall Rosenberg How to Talk so Kids Can Learn By Adele Faber
Fridays 5p-8:30p; Saturdays 1:30-4:30p/5:30-8:30p; Sundays 10a-2:30p/3:30p-6:30p
August Friday 9a-1p/2:30-6:30p; Saturday 1:30p-4:30p/5:30p-8:30p; Sunday 10:30a-2p/3-6:30p
$400 preregistration per weekend, $450 post-reg
Payment plans, scholarships and limited work-study positions available. 10% discount for educators, Namaspa teachers & staff. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to process a discount.
HOW TO REGISTER
Go to Namaspa.com. Scroll down this workshops page to "Children's Yoga Teacher Training" click "Sign up" and follow the prompts. Email AcroYogaDeven@gmail.com with questions or about attending single modules.