This training is for parents, caregivers and teachers who want to share the tools of yoga, meditation and mindfulness in homes, yoga studios and schools. This weekend will deepen your understanding of yoga and the needs of children; while giving you the opportunity to embody and practice teaching. Easy yoga practices, mindful fun games, guided meditations will support your rejuvenating self-care, from this wellspring you can meet the children in your life with equanimity. You will learn tangible tools to start sharing with youth right away!
Research shows that yoga and meditation can help children:
* Focus and concentrate for homework or test taking
* Increase calm and self-regulation of emotions
* Cultivate better abilities to be responsive and cooperative
* Improve strength, flexibility and self-esteem
* Increase a sense of connection and inclusivity
This course will cover:
* Chair Yyoga Sequences
* How to bring yoga into schools and classrooms/How to talk to administrators
* Physical, social, emotional developmental patterns
* How to build a safe, fun class curriculum
* Age appropriate goals, games, teaching techniques
* Compassionate communication, constructive feedback & vocal empowerment
* Breathing techniques and partner yoga
* Anatomy specifics for Kids
Friday August 3 1:30-8:30p
Saturday August 4 1:30-8:30p
Sunday August 5 1:30-8:30p
Public Kids Classes 9:30-11a on Saturday (ages 3-6 years) and 11:15a-12:15p (ages 4-8 years old) on Sunday.
REQUIRED READING (sections of the following):
The Yamas & Niyamas By Deborah Adele YAMI YOGI MANUAL by Deven Sisler (available for purchase at Namaspa) Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life 3rd Edition by Marshall Rosenberg How to Talk so Kids Can Learn By Adele Faber
HOW TO REGISTER
Go to Namaspa.com and click on Teacher Trainings. Investment: $400 preregistration before July 1st, $450 after. 10% discount for educators & Namaspa teachers.
This course is Yoga Alliance approved and offers 20 contact hours/5 non-contact towards Children's Registered Yoga Teacher credentialing. Additional hours are available through continued mentorship with Deven Sisler.