Deven Sisler & Kelli Mae Willis host this inspiring weekend. Children thrive and utilize tools of self-calming, focus, meditation. As the world speeds up they need our help more and more, you can learn to share these tools with the children in your life. This training is for parents, caregivers, teachers and yogis who want to share the tools of yoga, meditation and mindfulness in your homes, yoga studios, fitness centers and schools.
Research shows that yoga and meditation can help kids:
* Focus and concentrate for homework or test taking
* Increase calm and self-regulation of emotions
* Cultivate better abilities to be cooperative
* Improve strength, flexibility and self-esteem
This weekend, for adults who want to teach children, will explore:
* Compassionate communication
* Yoga philosophy
* Social, emotional and physical developmental patterns
* Mindful games
* Building fun class curriculum
* Meditation Activities
* Partner Yoga
* Breathing techniques that help calm, focus and self-regulate
REQUIRED READING (before we begin):
• YAMI YOGI Teacher Training Manual & Worbook (available for purchase at True Self or through Deven)
• How to Talk So Kids Can Learn by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish pages.24-81
• The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele Pages 12-26
• Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life 3rd EDITION, by Marshall Rosenberg PhD. p.1-23 Most libraries will have these books and you should have time to request them, if not!
Tuition: $475, $50 off for True Self Teachers and TT trainees.
Register at TrueSelf.yoga