This weekend will deepen your understanding of yoga, deep relaxation, meditation and mindfulness. This training will give you tangible tools to sharing the gifts of breath, body awareness, self-regulation and focusing at home and in schools.
- Bringing yoga "body breaks" into a classroom to promote holistic learning
- Generating Seasonal & School appropriate Curriculum
- Bodily Systems: Immune & Energetic
- Quieting, Centering & Focusing Games & Exercises
- In-depth exploration of breathing and meditation techniques
- Partner, and group poses for children & families
- Business of Yoga
- Practice Teaching
Every session will explore: tools of self-expression; compassionate communication; constructive feedback and vocal empowerment; yoga philosophy; techniques for managing a yoga class in a studio and other environments; how to integrate family and siblings; age appropriate goals, games, teaching techniques; group asana, breathing techniques and partner yoga.
This course is Yoga Alliance approved. It counts 15 contact hours, and homework will count 3 non-contact hours towards certification.
This Session will run Friday 6-8p, Saturday 1p-6p, Sunday 9a-6p
REGISTRATION for "Yoga in Schools: Module #4” at Namaspa
$365 per weekend. Payment plans available.