This course is for caregivers, teachers and parents who want to be stewards of the children in our community. This stand alone module will deepen your understanding of yoga, meditation and mindfulness, while also exploring the unique qualities of children ages 4-6 years old and the needs of families. This training will give you tangible tools to sharing the gifts of breath, body awareness, fitness, and creativity.
This module will cover:
- Evidence based Benefits of yoga for children and families
- Overview of Physical, Emotional, Social & Psychological Developmental Stages: 4-6 years
- Anatomy: Nervous System
- Structuring a Productive Classroom: Peak Pose & Theming
- Storytelling, books and building your yoga adventure
- Breath & Mindfulness for Ages 4-6
- Warrior & Standing Poses for Ages 4-6
- Partner & Group Poses for Children & Families
- Practice Teaching
- Abuse Awareness Training through The Kids Center
- How to use Non-violent Communication in Feedback
In many States, such as Oregon, you become a mandated reporter when you start working with children. 1 in 10 children will be abused before their 18th birthday and they need educated yoga teachers on their side. Not only will The Kids Center host an prevention training, we will explore the role of warrior poses in our personal practice, as well as in ancient and modern children stories. The world needs more empowered and compassionate leaders, join the tribe.
This session will run Friday 6-9p, Saturday 8a-5:30p, Sunday 9a-6p
This course is Yoga Alliance approved
REGISTRATION for "Warriors of Loving Kindness Module #2"
$365 per weekend. Payment plans available.
QUESTIONS: email email@example.com