This course is for parents, caregivers and teachers who want to support the holistic growth of children in their lives. This stand alone module will deepen your understanding of yoga, meditation and mindfulness, while also exploring the unique qualities of children ages 0-3 years old and the needs of families. This training will give you tangible tools to sharing the gifts of breath, body awareness, fitness, and creativity right away.
This module will cover:
- Evidence based Benefits of yoga for children and families
- How to harness the energy in a room and turn chaos into calm
- Overview of Physical, Emotional, Social & Psychological Developmental Stages: 0-3 years
- Anatomy: Bone & Muscle
- Tips, Techniques & Structure for Creating A Safe Classroom
- Understanding Yoga Philosophy and its applications for children & young adults
- Asana, Breath & Mindfulness for Ages 2-3
- Easy Sun Salutations
- An Introduction Partner & Group Poses for Children & Families
- Use of music, song and sound
- An Introduction to Non-Violent Communication and compassionate listening
By starting with an overview of developmental stages and their corresponding yoga poses, we not only learn how to share movement in the most accessible way, but also how to meet children of all ages with compassion and understanding.
The session will run Friday 6-9p, Saturday 8a-5:30p, Sunday 9a-5p
This course is Yoga Alliance approved
REGISTRATION for "Foundations and Philosophy: Module #1"
$365 per weekend. Payment plans available.
QUESTIONS: email firstname.lastname@example.org