Join us for one inspiring module or pick and choose the right modules to build your own 95 hour journey to become a Certified Children's Yoga Teacher. Every module will equip you with tools you can share immediately with the children in your life! Self-study and practicum hours will complete your certification.
Module #1- Foundations & Philosophy (17 contact hours + 3 non-contact)
This course will lay the foundation for anyone who wants to work with children in a yogic setting by exploring: guided meditations, breath exercises, partner yoga and mindful games for ages 2-6 years; Practice Teaching; Sun Salutes, Story Vinyasa and much more!
* History of and Basics of Yoga Philosophy: Satya & Ahimsa
* Teaching Tools: Song & Sound
* Practice Teaching: Sun Salutes & Story Vinyasa
* Developmental Patterns Ages 0-6 years old
* Anatomy: Bone & Muscle
Primary Ages covered: 2-6 years old.
This training is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a children's yoga teacher, parents and caregivers.
Module #2- Warriors of Loving Kindness (17 contact hours + 3 non-contact) No prerequisites.
Learn what it means to be a Warrior of Loving-kindness and Steward of Safety, while gaining tools to share yoga and mindfulness.
* Teaching Tools: Peak Pose
* Abuse Awareness & Prevention
* Practice Teaching: Mindful Games, Partner Yoga & Warrior/Balancing Poses
* Developmental Patterns Ages 7-10 years old
* Anatomy: Respiration & Circulation
* Yoga Philosophy: Asteya & Brahmacharya
Primary Ages covered: 7-10 years old.
This training is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a children's yoga teacher, parents, caregivers, and educators.
Module #3- Yoga in Schools (22 contact hours + 2 non-contact)
* Translating Yoga for Schools
* Teaching Tools: Using Themes
* Bully Prevention
* Practice Teaching: Chair Yoga & Meditation
* Developing Curriculum
* Anatomy: Nervous System
Primary Ages covered: All Ages.
This training is ideal for educators, therapists, counselors, administrators, parents and children's yoga teachers.
Module #4- Express Yourself (17 contact hours + 3 non-contact) No prerequisites.
* Teaching Tools: Creative Movement, Writing & Art
* Practice Teaching: Lesson Plans
* Developmental Patterns Ages PreTeen & Teen
* Concepts of Social Justice & Inclusivity
* Anatomy: Immune & Chakra Systems
* Yoga Philosophy: Saucha, Santosha, Tapas
Primary Ages covered: Pre & Teen
This training is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a children's yoga teacher, parents, therapists, and counselors.
Module #5: "Yoga Together" Family & Partner Yoga (22 contact hours)
Prerequisites Attendance of Modules 1 & 2 or equivalent.
* Teaching Tools: Sample Class Plans and Themes
* Embodiment: Inversions, Partner & Group Yoga
* Practice Teaching: Partner and Group Yoga postures
* Family Dynamics/How to manage diverse ages and group sizes
* Mindful games and fun transitions
* How to teach safe and consensual touch
* Restorative partner Yoga poses
Primary Ages covered: All Ages.
This training is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a children's yoga teacher, current yoga, kids yoga and AcroYoga teachers, parents, therapists, and counselors.